Auto Body Technician
We are Hiring at our Cameron St. Location
If you have a love for cars, a steady hand and an eye for detail, you might find a career as an auto body technician. Auto body technicians fix cars after they’ve been damaged in an accident or other incident. They use a wide array of tools to cut off old parts, connect new parts to the car, fill holes, repair scratches, dents and dings, and make the car look as good as new.
Auto body techs often work directly with customers at shops, and must have good customer service. They are able to give customers an estimate for what the work will cost, and create itemized bills when the repairs are done.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Critical Thinking: Auto body techs must be able to look at a damage vehicle and assess what it will take to repair it, as well as cost.
- Customer Service: Working with customers in a stressful situation, like after an accident needs to be handled calmly and in a friendly way.
- Attention to Detail: Having good eyes for detail is necessary when trying to get a car back to looking like new.
- Dexterity: Auto body techs need free range of motion in their hands and arms to work with small parts and small spaces.
- Technical Skills: Auto body techs use a wide range of tools and equipment to assess and repair cars.
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Apply In Person